Temple of Hephaestus
The Temple of Hephaestus is a well-preserved Greek temple in the Agora in Athens, Greece. The temple was dedicated to Hephaestus, the patron god of metal working and craftsmanship. The temple was converted to a Greek Orthodox church dedicated to St. George in the 7th century. After Greece became an independent nation in the early 1800's, the building was used as a museum until 1934, when it reverted to its status of an ancient monument.